Blue Corn Chilaquiles with Chicken and Green Chile-Tomatillo Sauce
September 14, 2015 1 Comment
I’ve made vegetarian Chilaquiles for years, and it’s been one of my favorite dishes to serve up any time I want to have a fiesta. But this recipe is so good, I simply had to share it! Whether you eat it as a main dish or as a side, it is the perfect meal for any time of day. With simmering sauce, gooey cheese and fresh poached chicken, it is a meal that your family will clamor for time and again.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 (9 ounce) bag blue corn chips
- 4 cups Green Chile-Tomatillo Sauce
- 4 pound chicken, poached and shredded
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly apply cooking spray to a 9 x 12-inch baking dish. Layer one third of the chips on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle a layer of sauce over the chips with consecutive layers of chicken, onion, and cheese. Add another third of the chips with sauce, chicken, onion and cheese. Top with the remaining layer of chips with sauce and cheese. Bake until a golden bubbly. Serve with sour cream.
YIELDS: 8 servings
© 2015 Jadeworks Entertainment