Cucumber Sandwiches [RECIPE]
March 18, 2017 1 Comment
I’m a girl who loves her tea, and I especially love sharing it with a girlfriend or two as we catch up, laugh, and enjoy one another’s company. But what is a tête-à-tête without a little nosh? These cucumber sandwiches make the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon tea, but also work nicely at showers and other gatherings.
PREP: 15 minutes + overnight
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 40 white sandwich bread slices
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and mayonnaise with a hand mixer until smooth, making sure to scrape down sides.
- Add cucumber, garlic salt, onion powder, dillweed and pepper to cream cheese mixture and stir well to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight so flavors have a chance to meld.
- Spread cucumber mixture evenly onto white bread slices and top with a second slice of bread. Cut crusts from bread, discarding crusts, and cut sandwiches into quarters. Store sandwiches in an airtight container for up to 1 hour before serving. Garnish with dill, if desired.
NOTE: If you don’t have time to let the cucumber mixture meld overnight, that’s okay. The flavors won’t be as strong, but the sandwiches will still taste good if you have to make everything the same day.
YIELDS: 80 quarters