Traditional Israeli Salad is a family staple in the Middle East. Prepared with fresh vegetables and herbs, it is a light and refreshing meal on a hot summer day.
Friends from countries around the globe have taught us that everybody eats salad, but every region has its own special variety based on what produce is grown there. Our friend Amit grew up in Israel and this is a traditional recipe that she remembers her mother making frequently for her family. Great on its own, it is especially delish when paired with Hummus!
- 3 medium or 6 small Israeli cucumbers, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh peppermint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment