Banana Crunch Muffins
August 9, 2011 1 Comment
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 25 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe bananas (1 banana)
- 1 cup small-diced walnuts
- 1 cup simple granola
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Dried banana chips, granola, or shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Linen 18 large muffin cups with silicone muffin cups (or paper liners if you prefer). Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas; add mixture to the flour-and-butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don’t overmix.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, simple granola, and coconut into the batter. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups (or paper liners), filling each one to the top. Top each muffin with remaining granola, banana chips or coconut, if desired. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.
YIELDS: 18 large muffins
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment