Deep-Dish Pizza Supreme
September 14, 2011 Leave a comment
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 18 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 recipe Deep-Dish Pizza Dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin
- 8 ounces pancetta or thick-cut bacon, cubed and browned
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin, seeds and ribs removed
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dried oregano (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle cornmeal across bottom of baking sheet. Flatten dough into a rectangular shape with hands and place in center of baking sheet. Work dough to edge of pan with hands. If dough resists or tears, cover with clean kitchen towel and allow to rest a few minutes.
- Prick dough all over with fork. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise at room temperature about 20 minutes.
- Brush top of dough with olive oil and top with sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, pancetta, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and olives, if desired. Bake until dough is golden and crispy along the edges, about 15 -18 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to cutting board, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper flakes, if desired. Cut and serve immediately.
YIELDS: 6 to 8 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.