Breakfast Week: Bacon & Egg Quesadillas
April 20, 2011 5 Comments
There are few things handier or tastier than the melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness of tortillas filled with fresh veggies, smoky meats and creamy eggs and cheese. Serve these quesadillas at the table topped with our special sauce or wrap them in foil and run out the door. Either way, you’ll be glad you made time for this filling, yummy breakfast!
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 23 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pickled pepperoncini, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Cook in a lightly greased large cast iron skillet over medium heat, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove egg mixture from skillet, and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Stir together Ranch dressing and salsa; set salsa mixture aside.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese evenly onto half of each tortilla; top evenly with one-fourth of egg mixture, bacon and ham. Top each half with 1/4 cup more cheese. Fold tortilla in half over filling, pressing gently to seal.
- Heat skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add quesadillas, in 2 batches, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with salsa mixture.
YIELDS: 4 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment.