Jumbo Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
September 16, 2011 3 Comments
PREP: 20 minutes + 30 minutes chill time
BAKE: 20 minutes + 5 minutes cool time
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut or 1 cup unsweetened coconut and 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium glass bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Add oats, raisins, coconut and cinnamon; beat just until combined.
- Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drop level 1/4-cup measures of dough, 1 ½ inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies have spread and are golden brown and soft to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: You can also freeze unbaked cookies and bake them later. Place unbaked cookies on baking sheets and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Transfer to resealable plastic bags (label and date); keep up to 6 months. Bake as many as you need (without thawing); place 1 1/2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
YIELDS: 2 dozen
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.