Chinese Celery Cilantro Salad
August 30, 2011 9 Comments
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 2 minutes
- 1 bunch of celery, top and bottom removed, stalks separated and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 dashes Chinese chili oil or hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the celery and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove, submerge in ice water and cool. Celery should be softened, but still crispy. Peel off the fibrous strings. Cut the celery into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil (if using), sugar, and cilantro (if using). Toss in the celery. Cover and refrigerate to cool before serving.
YIELDS: 4 to 6 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.