Chicken Enchiladas Salsa Verde
August 3, 2011 3 Comments
PREP: 30 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons more for dressing the salad
- 3 cups green sauce
- 12 corn tortillas, toasted, stacked, and wrapped in a clean kitchen towel to steam
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 7 ounces Chihuahua cheese, crumbled, or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 to 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 6 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a saucepan to medium high and add the tablespoon of oil. Carefully pour in the green sauce and cook, stirring constantly to thicken up, about 3 minutes. One by one dip the tortillas in the sauce, place in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, fill with some chicken, and roll up. Fit each enchilada snugly next to the other in the baking dish. Pour the remaining green sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Meanwhile, toss the lettuce and radishes with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, the vinegar, salt and pepper. Layer the salad on top of the hot enchiladas and serve immediately.
YIELDS: 6 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment.