Yuca with Mojo Sauce
May 9, 2011 4 Comments
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds yuca (about 2 yuca)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, well minced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Peel and halve the yuca roots. Place yuca in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook or it will get mushy and slimy. When cooked, let sit in the warm water until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, make Mojo sauce. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add garlic, onion and remaining teaspoon salt and cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in the juice of one lemon.
- Drain yucca and transfer to serving dish. Drizzle Mojo over top and serve warm.
YIELDS: 4 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment.