Nothing transports our taste buds to the American Southwest like salsa. Found on nearly every table in the area, salsas have become more popular than ketchup. Whether sweet, smoky, mild or flaming hot, there are literally hundreds of variations on this staple condiment. Our Corn, Tomato, and Black Bean Salsa is cool and delicious with the added ingredients of cilantro, garlic and onion. A touch of our Red Chile Honey lends a smoky sweetness to this flavorful blend of fresh ingredients.
Great as a side dish or served with blue corn chips for a quick snack, our Corn, Tomato, and Black Bean Salsa is refreshing and delicious with a touch of sweetness.
PREP: 10 minutes + 1 hour chill time
COOK: 2 minutes
- 1/2 cup fine chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon lightly toasted, freshly ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Chile Honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3 large ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Lightly sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 2 minutes, over medium heat; set aside.
- Combine chopped cilantro, cumin, jalapeno, vinegar, honey, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add corn, tomato, black beans and sautéed vegetables. Stir to combine thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for an hour so flavors can combine.
TIPS: Serve with blue corn chips for a quick snack or aside favorites like Chiles Rellenos or Carne Adovada for a complete meal.
YIELDS: 2 1/2 cups
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.