September 20, 2011 2 Comments
Although you can purchase ready-made Cajun Spices at most grocery stores these days, you can also prepare your own special blend. This is the base seasoning for gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, and countless other New Orleans style recipes.
PREP: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix the spices together and store in a space jar.
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.