November 29, 2011 Leave a comment
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 100 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
- 4 large sweet potatoes, about 4 pounds
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake sweet potatoes until soft when pierced with a knife, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool. Peel, and discard skins.
- Reduce heat to 350°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine cornmeal, milk, butter, brown sugar, spices, salt and 1 cup water. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Working in batches if necessary, place cornmeal mixture, sweet potatoes, flour, honey, eggs, and cream in a food processor. Process until smooth; pour into dish. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve.
TIPS: When baking the potatoes, be sure to poke them all over with a fork so they don’t explode in the oven. Also, place a baking sheet beneath them to collect any juices that may drip down to ensure easy cleanup.
YIELDS: 10 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.