November 24, 2011 5 Comments
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices prosciutto, diced
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat a stainless-steel pan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as it should not cook until golden. Reduce heat to low and remove pan from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and pepper until light and frothy. Set aside.
- Place pan over low heat, add butter and swirl until melted. Pour egg mixture into the pan, and stir gently to mix vegetables. When eggs begin to congeal on bottom of pan, sprinkle prosciutto over top. Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, slowly drag eggs toward center of pan until eggs cook through and all liquid is gone, about 5 minutes.
- Serve eggs immediately. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top, as desired.
TIPS: For variety, add fresh rosemary and thyme to egg mixture when prosciutto is added. For a slightly stronger flavor, sprinkle grated Pecorino Romano cheese over instead of Parmesan.
YIELDS: 6 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.