October 18, 2011 1 Comment
PREP: 10 minutes + 1 hour chill time
COOK: 2 minutes
- 1/2 cup fine chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon lightly toasted, freshly ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Chile Honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3 large ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Lightly sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 2 minutes, over medium heat; set aside.
- Combine chopped cilantro, cumin, jalapeno, vinegar, honey, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add corn, tomato, black beans and sautéed vegetables. Stir to combine thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for an hour so flavors can combine.
TIPS: Serve with blue corn chips for a quick snack or aside favorites like Chiles Rellenos or Carne Adovada for a complete meal.
YIELDS: 2 1/2 cups
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.