Roast Turkey Breast
November 16, 2011 1 Comment
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 30—45 minutes + 15 minutes rest time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bone-in, skin-on turkey breast half (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Stir together oil, salt and pepper; brush over turkey.
- Roast turkey on a rimmed baking sheet until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 140°F and climbing, about 30 minutes. Let rest for at least 15 minutes. Slice turkey as needed.
TIPS: If using a boneless turkey breast half, the cook time will increase by about 10 minutes. The pan drippings may be used in any number of ways, from making gravy, to drizzling over sandwich bread for turkey sandwiches, or used in a turkey-corn salad as an extra dollop of flavor.
YIELDS: 6 to 8 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment. All rights reserved.