Grilled Portobello Mushroom Steaks
May 23, 2011 1 Comment
PREP: 5 minutes + 20 minutes to marinate
COOK: 25 minutes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped free of dirt
- 6 to 8 sprigs of fresh herb such as sage or oregano
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Lay mushrooms, top down in the marinade and scatter half the fresh herbs on top. Marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Remove mushrooms from marinade. Grill mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill to a platter. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over mushrooms and scatter on the rest of the fresh herbs. Serve hot or at room temperature.
YIELDS: 6 to 8 servings
© 2011 Jadeworks Entertainment